Saturday, February 03, 2007

More Best old Music

Thinking back over what were my favourite things in music, these songs stick out from the seventies and eighties. Here's a bunch of YouTube links:

Golden Earring "Radar Love" (What a cool groove. I never owned this single but it was always one of my favourites - and check out the skin-tight jumpsuits on those guys!)
Elvis Costello "Watching the Detectives" (for skanky rhythm and lyrics sharp as a stick)
P.P. Arnold "The First Cut is the Deepest" (for as much soul you could get from a little piece of vinyl. I thought that song was written by Steve Winwood or Jim Capaldi, but apparently not - Cat Stevens wrote it!)
Chaka Khan "Ain't Nobody" (Great disco shakes. Mmmm what a fabulous bass line. Sorry I couldn't find a better quality clip.)
Evelyne Champagne King "Shame" (Brill riff, sparkling and fizzy)
Parliament Funcadelic "One Nation Under a Groove" (For the funkiest funk ever)

All these are still great songs, I get a rush just thinking about each one; it's just a pity I couldn't find good links for them all. I did find several great links on TheBurnleyBoy YouTube channel

No comments: