Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Joys of Blogging

I've enjoyed writing this blog so far and I'm grateful to be given the opportunity to revive my writing career, develop my skill, scratch my itch, or do my thing. There was a period when I wrote letters to pen-pals; that was after winning a competition in Disco 45 in the 70s. I realised later that regularly writing builds the muscle.

I started the blog without feeling I had a lot to write about and I still don't feel there are loads of stories / posts inside me waiting to get out, but I find that if you start writing about anything, it can develop into something. The only time I've felt there were a bunch of things waiting to be said was when I came up with the idea of a theme - "Think The World's Bad Now". I've been doing it for three months now, so there's some momentum and I can get some purchase from updating old posts. Like I said, I've enjoyed it so far and I'm still waiting to see what happens.

CNet says a survey about blogging revealed that most people think the same rules should apply to bloggers as to traditional journalists, but also that most people don't trust blogs as much as traditional media.

No comments: